Philip Clark AM is a member of the J P Morgan Advisory Council. He was Managing Partner and CEO of Minter Ellison and worked with that firm from 1995 until June 2005. Prior to joining Minter Ellison, Phil was Director and Head of Corporate with ABN Amro Australia and prior to that he was Managing Partner of Mallesons Stephen Jaques for 16 years. Earlier in his career he worked with a Pratt Industries subsidiary and with Shell Australia.
Phil now serves on a number of boards and advisory boards. His appointments include:
- Member of the JP Morgan Advisory Council
- Chair, Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group (ASX code SCP)
- Director Ingenia Communities Group (ASX code INA), retirement villages fund
- Chair of the Australian Government’s Education Investment Fund Advisory Board, one of the three Nation Building Funds
- Chair, Tasmanian Infrastructure Advisory Council
- Chair, Royal Hobart Hospital Redevelopment Review and Advisory Committee
- Chair ATN Universities Research Impact Advisory Board
- Chair, Tasmanian Freight Logistics Coordination
- Chair, M+K Lawyers Holdings Pty Ltd • Chair, Advent Lawyers Pty Ltd
- Chair, Aurora Projects Pty Ltd
His work in the not-for profit sector includes positions as a Director of St James Ethics Centre, High Resolves Foundation, Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience Indigenous Corporation (AIME) and Karen Lynch Foundation. Phil also served as a Director of the Garvan Foundation from 2005 to 2008.
Phil serves on the Advisory Council of Europe Australia Business Council, is a member of the Australian Davos Connection and has been a delegate to each of the Trans Tasman Leaders Forums. He was previously a member of the Business Council of Australia and a delegate to the Australia 2020 Summit.
Phil has Bachelors degrees in Arts and Law from Sydney University and an MBA from Columbia University.
He was appointed as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia in 2007 for his contribution to the development of national law firms and encouraging corporate involvement in community programs.
PHILIP MARCUS CLARK AM –RECENT APPOINTMENTS
- Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, ING Management Limited
- Chair, NSW Government Task Force on International Education and Research
- Member, Australian Research Council (ARCom)
- Chair, Higher Education Endowment Fund Advisory Board
- Chair, CRI Asset Management Limited
- Chair, Macquarie Point Redevelopment Steering Committee
- Member CSIRO Advisory Panel on WLAN US patent litigation
- Member, the Business Council of Australia
- Member, BCA Task Force on Education, Skills and Innovation and Infrastructure Task Force
- Member, Minister Nelson’s Expert Advisory Group on the Research Quality Framework for allocation of public research funding
- Member, Minister Bishop’s Development Advisory Group on the Research Quality Framework for allocation of public research funding
- Director, Garvan Foundation Limited
- Member, the Australian Business and the Community CEO Network
- Chair, Zoe Hall Foundation Limited
- Director/Deputy Chair, Wenona School Limited
- Inaugural Chair, Wenona Foundation Limited
- Delegate to Australia 2020 Summit